Thursday, July 30, 2009

what a nice thing...

We are having Owen's photos done by Shelley Anderson. I recently posted a link to her blog showing Owen's photo shoot scheduled! Today I looked at her blog (I'm still trying to figure out what we should all wear) and noticed she posted this....can you nominate anyone?

You know someone who has recently experienced a tragedy, that is financially struggling to stay afloat, who is working three jobs to pay the bills, or who is volunteering selflessly despite his/her own personal circumstances.

You know someone that can’t afford professional photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone, i guarantee it.

I want to know who they are and i am willing to donate a sitting with digital images worth $250. It’s in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this year. Also, the person that nominates the winner receives a $50 portrait credit as well. +

The rules: You cannot nominate yourself and the person nominated must SINCERELY be incapable of purchasing my services. The nominee must live in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. Tell me who you know, what they’re experiencing and why they deserve this. Please include a way to contact both the nominee and yourself as well.

Please comment on this blog entry to let me now you’ve entered and send me the full story @
shelley_m_anderson2001@yahoo.com. The winner will be announced on Thanksgiving. Get nominating… I cannot wait to read your entries. Please spread the word amongst your family and friends that I am doing this, as this is my first year of doing this as well. I know that there have been so many foreclosures, etc this year with the whole economy and i read about this idea on another photographers blog and thought WHAT A GREAT IDEA!
I know turkey day seems so far away…but it really isn’t. i have SOOOOOO much to be thankful for and i honestly need to pinch myself sometimes:) Please open up your heart to someone this holiday season…and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine…as i LOVE what i do, i honestly do!
shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment